Scholastic: Literacy Pro + Literacy Pro Library
Literacy Pro accurately assesses students' reading comprehension.
1. Students take the LitPro Test, a computer-adaptive assessment that determines their Lexile level.
Lexile measures are based on over 30 years of research and are the most widely adopted measure of reading ability and text difficulty.
Lexile measures help educators and students select books at a level that will challenge them - not so difficult as to be frustrating, but difficult enough to encourage reading growth
2. Students read short, authentic-text passages and answer multiple choice questions.
3. As soon as the students finish the test, they receive a Lexile score.
4. Personalized reading lists are created based on the students’ Lexile level and reading interests.
5. Students search for the book quiz for a book they have read from their recommended reading list.
6. Students select the book quiz they wish to take.
7. Students take the book quiz to test their comprehension.
8. My Results helps students keep track of their progress, including words read, quizzes passed, Lexile level and average quiz score. To see the progress, it is recommendes for the quiz to be taken every 4 months/3 times a year.
9. Students get rewards for reading progress, including printable certificates.
Literacy Pro Library.
1. Strengthen and develop independent reading skills
- Leveled fiction and nonfiction titles cover a wide range of genres and interests (more than 1300 titles of book).
- Read-aloud function aids fluency for younger and beginning readers
- Clickable definitions expand students' content-area vocabulary
- Audio recorder helps teachers to access oral reading fluency
- Note Pad feature makes it easy to write down thoughts and questions while reading
- Integrated comprehension quizzes with a Scholastic Literacy Pro subscription support an accountable independent reading experience.
2. Personalized Dashboard Increases Engagement. They can easily keep track of:
- Their Lexile measure
- How many ebooks they've read
- The total number of words read
- How many minutes they've spent reading
- Which ebooks their teacher has assigned to them
- The ebooks they've picked out to read themselves.
3. Exciting, relevant content for all ages and abilities. Students can browse through the full library, search for books that meet their reading level and interests, and add titles to their personal bookshelf.
Subsription fee is RM 89/year