(Preoder) Coronavirus: A book for children about Covid-19
This is a Preorder book. (ETA September 2020)
Axel Scheffler, award-winning illustrator of The Gruffalo series, has illustrated a book for primary school age children, about the coronavirus and the measures taken to control it.
Coronavirus: A Book for Children was first published by Nosy Crow in the UK, and has had expert input from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, teachers, and a child psychologist.
Professor Luke O’Neill, head of immunology at Trinity College Dublin said, ‘This book is a fantastic resource for children, and explains the Coronavirus in a colourful and calming way. Adults will learn a thing or two, too!’.
The book answers key questions in simple language appropriate for 5 to 9 year olds:
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?